Wednesday, March 4, 2009

busy busy busy...

Well I've been knitting up a storm.  I'm two-thirds of the way through a shawl.  I want it to be done in the next few days...slightly wishful thinking I know.  Then I heard about a little campaign that Afghans for Afghans is doing and I jumped on that bandwagon.  I started some worsted weight socks, toe up.  I started to do them two at a tim on two circular needles but I felt a little too tangled up.  So now I'm knitting them separately.  I'm planning on going to Lantern Moon's party tomorrow so maybe I'll pick up a pointer or two about how to work it a little better.

On the dye front, I've started the big job for the sock club.  Wow, it's going to take a few more dye days than I expected.  But I have some sitters lined up this month and hopefully it will be done by april.  I want to start getting ready for Sock Summit, which I was accepted as a vendor!  I also applied for SOAR and Black Sheep Gathering.  I'm a little nervous, but very excited.  In anticipation for all this work I ordered an electric skein winder from crazy monkey.  I have a huge tub of dyed yarn that needs to be reskeined, I can't wait to get that done!

I was so excited about my Madrona buys that I over spun my hand and had some numbness. My hands still feel a little funny but I'm chalking it up to too much knitting and texting.  I've decided to cut out the texting.  I'm excited to get back to the spinning though.  I have some beautiful singles to ply and SO much roving to spin up.  I'm considering doing the Montavilla Farmer's Market again and the hand spun yarn does pretty well there.  

On the home front it's been busy.  The calendar seems to get more full each month.  e is now almost 10 months old.  Weighs a little more than 22 pounds.  Crawls everywhere and climbs on anything that holds still long enough.  He also has a cold currently.  Oh the snot. I really want this one to pass.  He has also surprised me with a few l-0-n-g naps and I've gotten a few things done.  Like cleaning up my desk and office.  I love the way it looks right now.  I'm itchy to start something!  But I really need to get back to the socks.  And the shawl.  And the...  


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your socks tomorrow...will you bring them? I can only deal with one sock at a time; no tangles for me.

    ReplyDelete