Thursday, July 9, 2009

Alone


I was alone today. At my house. For 5 1/2 hours. That hasn't happened since e was born. Wondering where e is? He's at school (daycare)! Just down the street from house, about a block away. I did shed a few tears, but there are a lot of positives and that's what I'm focusing on.

We've had a busy few weeks with no signs of slowing down. After returning from Washington, doing the walk, drawing names for prizes (which still haven't made it to the mail! So sorry!), and coming down with the plague, we hit the road again. Daisy, e and I traveled down to Powers, Oregon for the Fourth of July. The town did not disappoint. It was an amazing weekend. The only problem was I didn't get any work done. I reskeined maybe a dozen skeins, out of the 120 I brought. Not a lot done!

When we got back home I made a calendar and realized how little time is left between now and Sock Summit. Besides the small panic attack, I feel pretty good about the schedule. I just can't have any unexpected life events. There is a baby coming in the family here in portland and that is all that is allowed to happen!

So the great thing about dyeing here alone is how much I got done. I came up with about five color ways that I'm excited to make again. One is for the dye for glory competition over on Ravelry. I hope to have mine up on Monday. The other colors are for souvenir skeins from Sock Summit. I have next Monday to my self so I'm hoping to post some pictures. I gotta run, I only have 30 minutes left to finish soaking today's yarn. Again, sorry to the winners, I'll try to get to the post office this week!

1 comment:

  1. That's a big milestone for e, and for you, too!

    See you at knit nite next week...

    ReplyDelete