Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spin Your Stash


I started a group on Ravelry, Spin Your Stash. If you're a member (if you're not, why not?!) join us. I'm working on spinning my stash from the start of the fall equinox to the spring equinox. That way I'll have room in the bin for more fiber when all the shows start in the spring. I got all my fiber out this afternoon and took some pictures. I feel very inspired to get going on this project. I was also reminded of a few dyers that I love and who will be at OFFF!

Speaking of OFFF, there are going to be some specials! I'm going to have a seconds bin with merino that aren't up to par, they'll be half off. Four ounces of wool for $7!!! I'll also have a discontinued bin with corriedale, shetland and select BFL. $10 a braid, regularly $14. Pretty exciting.

My new little idea is Create Your Own Colorway. One ounce balls of color for you to mix and match to create what you want. Spin it, felt it, create with it. $3 a ball. If you spin up a colorway you're crazy about send me a pic and I'll start dyeing it. You can even name it. I dyed all the colors today and they are rich. I'm so excited to see what people create. This idea has come from moms asking me for wool to do felting projects with their kiddos. So excited to do that with e one day.

I'll snap some pics in the morning of all the fiber drying. I won't know my booth location at OFFF until the friday we set up. As soon as I know I'll post it here and on Ravelry. I only dyed up 4 one ounce balls per color, so get to the booth early for best selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment