Friday, January 1, 2010

Out with the Old and In the New

Happy New Year! What a year 2009 was! (funny thing, I just wrote 2008) It's exciting starting a new decade, especially as an adult. At the beginning of the last decade I was in college, about to start dating E and had a world of options. In some ways it's more exciting to have a narrowed focus. I have my family, a job I've been at for more than six years and my growing business. It's funny those three things keep me so busy. On the paper they're just three words, family, job, business. But there is so much that encompasses each of those three things. In the next year my family will be getting bigger, I'll be working at my job less, and hopefully my business will be growing.

I just realized that I don't have anything to show you! I haven't been knitting or spinning. I was able to make some Christmas gifts, E did a ton of baking. I've had to take some time off from Knitted Wit because my day job is retail is super busy in December. I'm about to move into a dye space with Pico Accuardi Dyeworks. I just have to make it through inventory this next week and then I'll be back to dyeing in a big, dry, warm space!

What are you looking forward to for the new year? The new decade? Any big plans or goals?

Now that life is getting back to the slower routine hopefully I'll see you around these parts a little more.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your expanding family and business!

    I don't make resolutions, because I know I'll break them. But I'm looking forward to knitting a big sweater for me, and some more designing, and knitting with friends! And singing and playing guitar...

    That should keep me busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no major plans other than to try to be more mindful all the time.

    oh and to figure out where the crows are living in my roof...i've looked and it just doesn't seem like the small space that might be the entrance would be big enough for them. ;)

    here's to things settling down! *clink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for the new year I am really looking forward to the new addition in our family. Also trying to balance yarn dyeing and a newborn. It should be a very interesting year!

    ReplyDelete