Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day or Cast On Day!

Hello May! What a beautiful start to the month here in Portland! I slowly wound my yarn into a ball in the back yard.
Then put it into a cake in the front yard with the help of a dump truck and the boys. Now I've got my needles and pattern, ready to cast on! Are you knitting a long with me? What yarn are you using? I'm going with a light Sakura. Since I've done the pattern once I thought I'd share a few things I've learned. I'm going with a size larger needle this time. Although, I haven't started so I might change my mind once I get going. I used size 5 the first time and it was fine. But because of the color of Sakura and probably what I have in my head I want a looser fabric. I had a really hard time at the end with the feather and fan lace. I think it's because I wasn't taking the time to read the pattern. This time I'm going to put in some extra stitch markers to remind me when the repeats start. If you come across any questions let me know, Debbi is pretty great and I'm sure she'll have the answers!

So how about a game with the KAL? Let me know in the comments if you're knitting a long and if you finish by May 31st you'll qualify. For what you ask? I don't know! How about a skein of yarn and another fabulous pattern, get you started for the next project! Winner will be picked by June 5th. Warm up those needles and get to knitting!

3 comments:

  1. I will be knitting along, just need to get my yarn wound up. :) Maybe later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count me in too! I've got the pattern now I just need to figure out what yarn to use...choices, choices!

    ReplyDelete