Monday, August 30, 2010

A little help for a friend

My dear friend had a house fire a little over a week ago. Her three kids lost everything. School is just around the corner. I can't even imagine the trauma let alone the stress of figuring all of it out! Stevanie, half of Pico Accuardi Dyeworks (who I share the dyeing space with) is incredibly generous in every way. If you would like to help out her family you can purchase a hat pattern here. All $$ goes to Stevanie's family, who are currently living in a hotel and might have to for the next three months! I just got the pattern and I think it will be perfect for handspun. I'm pretty excited about making a few. Thank you for helping a dear friend.

In other news, I'm just about done knitting up the yarn for the 50 G sock club. I love it! So pretty. If you haven't joined yet there is still time! I am so excited about this little project. I've already got the rest of the colors picked out in my head, they are beautiful!

In family news, E goes back to work on Thursday. I go to a wedding on Friday, return Sunday. I start work on Tuesday. With dyeing squeezed in here and there. Wow it's going to be busy around here! And o got his first tooth on Saturday. Can you believe it?! He'll be three months on Wednesday. e was 3 1/2 months old before his first tooth. A little advanced that o.

Hopefully I'll be back soon with loads of beautiful pictures from the wedding. SO excited for this mini vacation!

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered the pattern- thank you for sharing. Always happy to help and it was super cute. Of course I can't make it but passed it on to the trust MIL who can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern to help your friend in her time of need. When I was in college, my father and his wife lost their home to a fire (started by an electric blanket). At the time of the fire, they had three "extra" children in their home, in addition to several of my step-siblings. Anyway, as devastating as it was, it could have been so much worse. I am glad that I am able to help in a small way.

    ReplyDelete