Thursday, September 30, 2010

Realistic Expectations

Well people, I have two kids. This reality hits me in new ways everyday. Today e was watched by the amazing Sally, then papa took over. o stayed with me while I dyed yarn. What a trying day! But E saved the day by bringing the pack down. I won't forget that again! o took very long naps on my back (ouch!) and I dyed yarn. In between naps the lovely ladies of Pico Accuardi kept him company while they wrapped up a major project. Wowsers. So expectations. I went in thinking I could get a ton done today, which I did, but I think I planned a little too much. I think o will be staying home soon, especially if I can expand how many shops I'm selling at. Such a struggle to balance the family/business/j-o-b.

Now on to the big positives of the day! I just about finished up all the yarn that needs to go out. Just a few lace skeins for one store. I dyed up club yarn for this month and possibly next month (you can still join!). I started dyeing samples out of the new base yarn I'm going to use. Ummm oh and some yarn to post in the shop! So crazy! I'm pretty excited about some new pretties to put in the shop. Thanks for letting me reflect about the day. It was a pretty rough start so it's nice to look back and see the good stuff.

Here's a shot of dyeing/parenting

Here's a shot of the conference room


Here's e sleeping last night. He loves to snuggle (nuggle as he says) his baby. I love how the arm is all tucked in under his. You can see o's blanket from knit night and e's blanket from Oma. The quilt is from Helen's mom for the boys' babies. These boys are lucky!

4 comments:

  1. A big day! I'm amazed at how you get so much done. I am bumping up against the limits of time these days...am I slowing down, or just trying to pack even more in and finding that it can't be done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lj. I feel accomplished if I can squeeze in a shower before nap time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going through the same thing. One thing X is teaching me is to slow down and have more patience. Sure I want to get X,Y, & Z accomplished, but sometimes it just isn't going to happen and for the most part that's ok. When I'm desperate I get Blair to help, he is a lifesaver =)

    ReplyDelete