Monday, March 19, 2012

Falkland Yarn

I love this yarn! It's so nice to have it in stock! The falkland wool soaks up the dye like it's color dehydrated. I haven't dyed other falkland so I don't know if this is a trait of the fiber or just this yarn. This yarn is the only one that will exhaust the dye bucket no matter how much dye is in the bucket. The yarn l-o-v-e-s color!
Beaujolais, pour me a glass would you?
Yellow Brick Road, I'd like to take a walk down this golden street!

Peacock, this color continues to bewitch me!

Another reason I love falkland wool is the story behind the fiber. The sheep are from the Falkland Islands, shocker I know. But because they've been isolated they don't need shots and dips and other medications. The wool is just about organic with how the animals are cared for. I love learning the history behind the breeds. I've decided that when we win the lottery we'll go on a travel tour and learn about breeds of sheep and the history that goes along with it. Sounds divine!

These colors, plus all the other ones you know and love are in the shop! Also, don't forget to tell us all about your finished objects flying off the needles. The Finish A Long (FAL) is going strong in the group. Every finished item you show will get you one entry into a drawing for $20 in the shop! And, less than a week to join {Among Friends}? I just dyed up the yarn and fiber for the double clubbers. Wow! I can't wait to start knitting and spinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment