Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

New year, fresh start! 2013 proved to be busier and different than I ever could have dreamed. Frances Jean has been with us for 6 weeks now, but I don't quite remember a time with out her. Her brothers are keeping a close eye on her, and are always happy to jump in and help.
I am a big fan of the new year. I love setting goals, having a focus, and setting out on a task. In no particular order here are some goals for the next year:

1. Blog once a week. It might not always be about Knitted Wit and that's okay. Ive been inspired by Fringe Association and January One's blog. Who inspires you? I don't have a blog feed anymore so I tend to just read the ones I come across on twitter or facebook. 

2. Craft in some way everyday. I've been following people on social media that are doing a make something everyday, so it's not just knitting or sewing, but also cooking. I'm going to focus on knitting, spinning, and sewing. It can be just 5 stitches knit, that is crafting. I want to take the time to do something with my hands every day. 

3. Self-Care is my theme for 2014. Number 2 falls under this self care. I get so wrapped up in Knitted Wit work that I don't often take time for myself or really stop working. Having children, especially a new born, are helping me with this but I can do better. I plan on making an appointment tomorrow to see the chiropractor. I have no idea why it's so hard to make time in my day to take care of myself, but I always find time to watch my story! With parents aging and having kids I want to be healthy for the long haul. I also want to be an example that I am worth the time to take care of. I think that of other people, so I must believe it for myself. 

So here's some proof. I wound up a ball and cast on. I've since done three rows, I'm up to 4 stitches. Watch out! 

What goals are you setting for the new year? What is your tactic for following through? 

1 comment:

  1. “I love setting goals…” – this is great! It’s always good to set up a goal to help keep our focus on our priorities in life. And it’s good to see that you’re giving more time to taking care of your health. How did your chiro appointment go, by the way? I hope it had a good result.

    Shan @ BrandonChiropractor.net

    ReplyDelete