Monday, October 13, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

Yesterday I sat down and wrote out all the little errands I needed to get done today.  I was lucky to have grandma over baby sitting so I actually could finish a few thoughts!  I was pretty excited to cross off all the little chores... Then this morning I realized it's Columbus Day.  No mail today. Also, no Canadian correspondence.  It's Thanksgiving there.  Well, shoot.  There are plenty of other things to do around the house.  

I've been plying up old bobbins that have been sitting around.  My wheel is right next to my desk so I just ply a minute here and there.  I'm on my last bobbin so it's been working.  I hope it will work for plain old spinning too.  And on the spinning front, there's been a lot of talk on ravelry about creating a portland spinning group.  I look forward to this!

I've started a wee sweater for e.  Aran Pullover, from Knitting for Baby.  Very cute and I've already made a ton of mistakes!  But I've worked them all out so far.  I'm using yarn I picked up at OFFF and I love it.  I'm having a hard time not just plopping down on the couch and avoiding all chores to make this sweater.  I also got a little tutorial from Michele at knit night on cable jumping.  Pretty handy.  I don't have a picture of the sweater in progress so maybe I'll find one of e.

I'm slowly adding more product to the store, so if you missed buying at OFFF you can find it here. I'm off to rescue a baby that won't nap!  I hope your Monday is as productive as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment