Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Big Day

So I've been thinking of this day since I probably knew I was pregnant.  I'm going back to work tomorrow.  This all feels a little more dramatic than it is because I've had some practice days.  No more training wheels.  I am going back just two days a week so it's not major.  The big point I keep reminding my self is that we're all going to survive, I need some space, and E and e need to relate.  I think E will come out with some confidence and I won't be so quick to intervene and fix. I also feel like I'm adding one more ball to the juggling mess I have going on.  My desk is a reck, I still haven't shown you the treats I picked up at OFFF and the list of to-do's keeps growing.  On the other hand, I've talked with a single friend and a mother of two teenagers and they're all busy. I'm not the only.  It's comforting.

I need to hustle, the debate starts in a few minutes and I still need to figure out what I'm going to knit on the bus ride to work tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I took a part time job when T was 2 1/2; he needed to relate to Dad and I needed some $$ so we could come home to visit from NY. It worked out for all of us. Of course, you've never met T, but he seems to be reasonably well-adjusted at 20!

    ReplyDelete