Friday, June 5, 2009

It's Official

I'm allergic to wool. I found out I'm allergic to alpaca a couple of winters ago when I bought the cutest hat and glove set. After a week I had a lovely rash around my head where the hat sat. Then when I started nursing I used lanolin for all the ouchies I had but had a rash after a few uses. So yesterday I was separating the bump of merino and bfl I just got from Ashland Bay and started itching like crazy. I discovered a baby wipe cleans all the itches off my hands and face quickly and I can move on to the next task. So I'm just going to be careful. Grrr.

On to better news. I also picked up some new fingering weight yarn from Ashland Bay. Merino/bamboo/nylon blend and a Merino/tencel blend. I'm so excited about both. Besides socks I think they'll be lovely as baby clothes and shawls. Especially the tencel blend. I plan on dyeing this monday so I'll post some results soon.

The walk!! So, I had two people contribute so far. Thank you Michele and Helen! I'm so thankful you participated. They are going to be winning a lot of prizes. So if you want to get your name in the hat so Michele and Helen don't win everything, donate $5. For every $5 you donate your name will be entered once. Give $25, you are entered 5 times!! Another prize being added to the basket is a circular knitting needle case from Lantern Moon.
They have such gorgeous things!

I'm working on a little tutorial, my first so be gentle. I'm just testing out the sample right now. And I just cast off my glove sample and my needles are nice and warmed up to start the little sock from the last post. Thank you for the input too. I need to get out my swift so I'll have some yarn for the commute. Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment: