Saturday, October 23, 2010

another quick pass!

Thanks to the Ladies at Twisted for the love on the blog. Some of my favorite people!

So a little poll which you will all be rewarded for. I want to start a group on Ravelry for updates, contests (your reward!) and seeing all my yarn out in the world as FO. I'm thinking about calling it The Sass Class. Knitted Wit's tag line is Fine Treasures from a Sassy Girl. And if you know me, I'm a little sassy! I try to tone it down so not to offend but it doesn't always work. So what do you think of the name? And do any of you fabulous people know how to make the header for the group so it's not all stretched out funny? Thanks people for being a resource!

5 comments:

  1. It took a few minutes to remember where I found the info on the group image banner. Here's what I found from the Designer Donors FAQ page:

    "My badge looks fine, but my banner is all stretched out of shape. What happened?

    Most of the time, this occurs when admins upload a badge in the spot for a banner. Because the height is the same, the system will stretch the length until it fits.

    How to fix it: Badges are 100x60 pixels & Banners are 468x60 pixels. They are not interchangeable. You need a banner image that is the right dimension."
    http://www.ravelry.com/groups/design-donors

    Most groups that are yarn dyer related just use their dyer name for the group. Makes it easy to find them doing a group search. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick with Knitted Wit. I think it is confusing for people to remember multiple names. Honestly, I didn't remember your tag line and I am definitely a fan! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this will help LJ, but when I made my banner for Ravelry, I did a photo collage that had 15 hats in a grid (5 per row), and when the banner uploaded it displayed the center row only which was the perfect length and height
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tag name; sassy is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be fine with whatever name as long as I get to to join!

    Also, the trick to the banner is definitely making it the right size. Let me know if you need any help with setting up your group. I've done it a couple of times now =P

    ReplyDelete