Friday, October 7, 2011

Feature Friday

Let's look at the new Bulkan, shall we? Bulkan is an aran weight merino/cashmere/nylon yarn, 181 yards/100 grams. There are so many great one skein projects for this yarn. Lots of cowls that will knit in a jiff, perfect for holiday giving!
In fact, Irish Girlie Knits just released a pattern last night, Comfort Food, that is p-e-r-f-e-c-t! I can't wait to pick a color and get it knitted. The cables are super sexy. I kind of want to double the cowl so it can snug down on my shoulders.
Picture snagged from pattern, thank you Carrie!

The Stitches of My Life also has a great pattern for this yarn: Virginia. If you omit the last little repeat one skein is perfect. (tried to steal a picture and couldn't snag one. click on the link and enjoy!)

Hop over to the shop and check out the colors available. There's also some great deals in the sale section. Want to try knitting lace? Snap up a few skeins at $18 for 1,100 yards!! I kind of want to try using some on my cricket loom, I think it would have beautiful drape.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends up North!

No comments:

Post a Comment