Wednesday, August 29, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Hiro Choices

I'm happy to report I'm going to finish clue 2!! I have 2.5 rows to go of the garter rows as I type, but I'm confident I'll get it done by the end of the day. I'm trying to summon all the restraint in the universe to not cast on a new project and warp the loom. I know, it's ridiculous! But I'm grateful to want to craft, there have been times when the mojo is not with me.

I want to get into the knitty gritty details of Hiro. Fall is just around the corner and I want to have all the yarn dyed up in time for you to cast on. Below are color options that I've come up with, you are welcome to pick any combination you love! The three color combos are for Petite Hiro, if you are knitting the adult sweater just add a fourth color or repeat the bottom color.

Here are your yarn choices for knitting with:
Super Wash DK: 100% super wash merino, 205 yards, 100 grams, $22 each. I love this yarn, so bouncy and round! Julia suggested going up a pattern size and down a needle to make the yarn work.
DK: 85% polwarth, 15% silk: 330 yards, 4 oz, $26 each. I think this would make a lovely sweater. It's such a great yarn for sweaters, and that bit of silk makes a beautiful shine.
Super Wash Worsted: 100% super wash merino, 218 yards, 100 grams, $22 each. The pattern calls for a worsted, and this is perfect. The yarn takes the color beautifully and boldly.

Adult Sizes
34( 36, 39½, 42, 45)[48, 50½, 53¼, 57, 60]"
4 (4, 5, 5, 5) 6, 6, 7, 7, 8 skeins main color, 1 skein each contrast color 1, contrast color 2, contrast color 3

Children Sizes
Sizes: 
4 (6, 8, 10, 12, 14) years 
Finished Chest: 
23 (25, 27, 29, 31, 33)” 

2 (2, 3, 3, 4) skeins of main color1 skein each contrast color 1, and contrast color 2

Check your size above and let me know how many skeins you need of each color. I'll need your order by September 6th so I can get the yarn in and dyed up in time for you to cast on September 22nd, fall equinox! If you're attending Oregon Flock and Fiber, you can pick it up there too. I can't wait to get Owen's and Eli's all dyed up and ready to go. If you're having trouble picking colors there's a great discussion going on in the group. Julia has some great tools for picking colors.
Peacock, Thistle, French Kiss
Brown Sugar, Yellow Brick Road, Cedar
Prussian Blue, Carbon, Cedar
Beaujolais, Canopy, Prussian Blue, French Kiss
Canopy, Carbon, French Kiss, Thistle
Canopy, Peacock, French Kiss, Thistle 
Carbon, Beaujolais, Picante, Beaujolais


2 comments: