Monday, August 4, 2008

ready to play

(He's into taking two hour naps now!)
Earlier I had snapped pictures and was ready to snuggle in and write a post, and wouldn't you know it e woke up from the nap!  Here we are now at another nap ready to play.  

Thank you for the anniversary kindness.  We had a raging time at the outlet mall buying nursing tops for me.  That was E's present to me.  I know, romantic.  

So here is the knitting question I eluded to earlier.  I have a blanket, the log cabin-ish one, that I need to add on to.  I can't remember how I was doing it.  See how the stitches aren't ridges?
When I was doing it right I would cast off then add the new color with the garter stitch doing the right thing.
Now I can't remember how to start a color with out the garter ridge being disrupted.  You can see in this picture all the seams looking correct.
Next time there's knit night I have a feeling I'll be bugging Michele!  I might have to get in line though!  That's George up in the corner from George and Martha.  Some of our favorite books! 

So I also was going to talk about the new labels and dyeing.  I'm going to do a post on the process of getting the yarn all ready for market so I need to take some more photos.  I did get some dying done yesterday while grandma was here (yay for grandma's!).  I really like the way the colors turned out.    We're going camping tomorrow so give me a few days to get back with the label story. 

1 comment:

  1. I love a good knitting puzzle! We'll get it figured out, no problem. Missed you last week! We ended up not going for music; it seemed awfully ambitious.

    ReplyDelete