Sunday, August 10, 2008

What day is it?

Time is flying by and I can't seem to make sense of it!  Today we (e and I) sold yarn and roving at the market!  I've been pretty busy getting ready for that and over all, getting ready for OFFF.  And tomorrow we are off camping.  This is probably the last time we'll go this summer and E is making a three day weekend out of it.  The big family vacation!  Wee.   In years past we usually take a week off and go on a little road trip.  Two years ago we drove the whole Oregon coast, from Astoria to Brookings.  Beautiful.  This year I think we're headed to the gorge and going to Hood River.  Then south a little, but hitting the Fruit Loop before setting up camp.  E is going to pick up flowers, probably sun flowers, and paint.  I'm hoping for some lavender for future sewing projects.  

On the craft front I've been spinning my fingers to the bone.  We just got cable, the first time in both my adult life and E's of having such a luxury!  I told him if e and I figured out breast feeding we could get cable.  I figured since we weren't buying formula we could kind of afford cable.  The only time we watch cable is when we're on vacation and stay in a hotel!  I feel like I've been on vacation in my own house!  That's one of the reasons time is going by so fast and I haven't been around.  HGTV sucks me in and it's hard to break away.  Enough about the telly.  I have two big yarn cakes I need to ply and one bobbin to finish up tonight before we take off for camping.  I want to take two empty bobbins for the trip and I'll ply next week.  I'm starting to get a little frustrated that I don't really have time to knit any more.  I think I've been spinning so much because I actually finish the task.  I get a quicker gratification for starting and finishing something than knitting.  But usually in the winter the spinning slows down and I want to snuggle on the couch.  I'll also be back on the bus which is all knitting all the time!

I'm off to get ready for camping and I'll be back with some great photos!  I'll leave you with this, e is now three months old!  He was a week and half in this picture!  What a sweetie.

Well I was going to leave you with a photo.  Does anybody know why blogger sucks at uploading pictures?  Do I need to make the picture smaller?  This is why I haven't shown the pictures of the labels.  I know it will take forever.  Dang.

2 comments: