Saturday, July 5, 2008

taking a weekend

The idea sounded good at the time!  Now I'm finding taking a little break makes it harder to get back in the groove of things.  Yesterday e and I took the bus over to Naked Sheep to help celebrate their third year in business!  It's one of my favorite shops, even E likes going.  The biggest problem is how far away it is.  I can justify the bus trip but not a car trip.  Any ways, I bought a skein of eco wool so I could make the Hemlock Ring Blanket (ravelry link).  I've had one skein of eco wool marinating but the pattern calls for two.  Of course the shop didn't have the dye lot I bought last year! Surprise, surprise.  So I had one in lavender and bought one in grape.  I think it will look really nice.  This is for a xmas present for one of the grandmas.  I plan to cast on shortly.  So Le Tour de Fleece started today.  I can't remember how specific I was with my goals before so I'll state them, possibly again.  As soon as I finish the current project (I wish I had finished already!), I'll start spinning the oldest stash to the newest stash.  I have a prize for my self once this is completed, but more on that later when I have pics.  I like Stephanie's idea of naming a weight goal.  I don't feel like I can commit to something so concrete.  I'm going to use the baby as an excuse.  E works three mornings a week so I don't get to crawl back in bed for a snooze after the last feeding.  When he works the two evening shifts and our weekend, E will take e
 after he eats and hang out, go for a walk with the dog etc.  When I'm home alone with e in the morning I tend to have a VERY slow start to the day, thus limiting what gets accomplished.  Tomorrow E is home in the morning and boy do I need the break!  All this to say, I don't f
eel comfortable committing to a weight goal to spin.  If I did I would like to say I could do 2 pounds.  But with dyeing about to resume, Tuesday, that will take up a lot of time.  So back to the original goal of spinning oldest to newest stash.  Then maybe I can justify buying wool at OFFF.

So here is a picture of the quilt I started working on again.  
Last time we looked at this I realized I had used the wrong measurement for the I can't remember what it's called.  It's not the seam, shoot.  I'm tired.  Instead of sewing a 1/4" seam, I used a 1/2" seam.  Stupid.  So I took apart all the squares I had sewn together, not the squares made of little squares though.  Then I cut down the plain squares to match the patch work ones, laid it all out, and now I'm sewing the rows.  I'm thinking this will be a tie quilt since I don't know how to quilt it with my machine.  I'm thinking orange yarn or whatever I use would look great.  I'll show you the backing and binding when I have all the rows put together.  I'm hoping Cathy from knit night can help out with this.
e is taking a wee nap so I need to go finish up some spinning.  Really I wish I was sleeping too, but it's a little late in the evening for a nap.  Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment