Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

I'm looking forward to the Lent season this year. I've been trying all winter to be very present to the time of year and what the winter season brings. I can feel myself getting distracted with the slightly longer days and slightly warmer weather. For Lent I've decided to stay focused and not cast on any new projects.
These are the projects that are floating around the current WIP bag. The super bulky one will be done in a flash, which makes me want to cast on for something really fast! But there is a sock, a sweater, a baby sweater and a shawl to work on. I do have the 50G March project to get started on, but other than that I don't think I need to cast on for anything. I don't think I'm going to have anything specific about spinning. It's not something I get to do everyday like knitting.

I think I'm setting these limits because I want it to reflect in other areas of my life right now. I want to stay focused on some projects at home and at the dyeworks. I want to see them to completion and not get distracted by the new shiny novelty! Are you doing anything for Lent? Do you always finish up a project before starting a new one? Or do you set a limit on how many can be in the bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment