Thursday, July 12, 2012

Community Supported Yarn


When Chrissy started Indie Socks, she funded it by doing a Community Supported Knitting club. People joined and got patterns along the way that would be in the book and when the book was published we all got copies. This was the inspiration for my first Community Supported Yarn. My business is small and growing and I want to keep growing it. By having you buy shares, I get to try out new yarn, new dye techniques and improve Knitted Wit

Here's the details
  • Each share costs $100+$15 shipping. Canada is $20 shipping. International $30 The combined retail cost of the yarn is over $120, what a deal!
  • You'll receive 5 skeins of yarn over 5 months. First harvest goes out on September 15th. Last shipment is 1/15.
  • Buy as many shares as you'd like! Shares make a great gift! 
  • There will be a variety of different types of yarn. Cashy Lite (fingering weight Merino Cashmere Nylon) was a big hit the first round and is coming back again. So far I have two fingerings, a light fingering (the closest I'll get to lace), and a worsted weight. Looking for one more yarn--have any suggestions?
  • There might be one variegated color but mostly it will be semi solids. A chance for me to test out new colors!
  • There will be prizes for each month, who doesn't love a prize! Think books, knitting bags, needles and other fun. 
  • There will be pattern suggestions each month too. I love trolling Ravelry for patterns!
Have any questions? Leave a comment! Want to buy some shares? Go here!

The winner of Chrissy Gardiner's new book, Indie Socks, is....Donna! "Such gorgeous summery colors. I'm gonna have to vote for Peach Pit. But I missed mermaid so I am going back to look for that one!" Thank you so much! This was so eye opening to see what the favorites are, now I know what to pack along to the fall shows! If you're not Donna, you can buy it from Chrissy or check your LYS!

1 comment:

  1. You have such beautiful variegated colors that if I am able to get in I hope you have one or two at least in there. :)

    ReplyDelete